To create a successful website design, businesses must consider their industry and target audience. However, there are essential elements that should be included in any website design for enterprises or personal. Here are five best practices for website design and development.
A Landing Page that Clearly Describes Your Company
The landing page is the initial web page that visitors see when they enter your website’s main URL. It is crucial to have a landing page that provides a clear and concise explanation of your company’s products or services. The landing page should display an introduction to your company and its offerings without requiring visitors to scroll too far down on either desktop or mobile devices. For example, www.hints.asia is our company landing page.
A Website Address that is Easy to Remember
In today’s digital age, businesses rely on word of mouth to spread their reach. A memorable website address is crucial to avoid losing potential customers. So always ensure the you adhere to the following:
- Try to use a .com domain if you can. Otherwise, go for .com.my (Malaysia) or .com.sg (Singapore)
- Try not to use 2 different words that start and end with the same letters *example A company called Sing Global LLP will leave a lot of guesswork to the visitor if they use www.singgloballlp.com
- Avoid using dash or numbers as it confuses the visitor when your website is shared verbally. *example www.3s-galore.com
These tips will help make your website address easy to remember and share.
Menu Names that are Self-explanatory
When it comes to naming your website menu, keep it simple and easy to navigate. Avoid using fancy or unique names that may confuse visitors. Stick to standard page terms that are commonly used on most websites, such as “About Us” and “Contact Us”. Remember, visitors should be able to easily find what they are looking for without getting frustrated.
It is important to ensure that your website loads quickly and is secure, as slow loading or virus-infected pages can cause potential customers to lose confidence in your business and turn to competitors. When working with website design companies, make sure to prioritize fast loading times and consider outsourcing website security and maintenance to reputable providers. At Hints Asia, we recognize the importance of website security and maintenance, and offer packages for our customers to ensure their websites are up-to-date and secure.
Make it EASY for Users to Get in Touch with You
When designing a website for businesses, the most important consideration is how easy it is for visitors to contact you and how well you guide them to become potential leads. This requires expertise in website design and user navigation. The fundamentals of call-to-action (CTA) include:
- Ensure that contact information is visible on all pages, either in the header or footer.
- Have contact forms available in multiple locations. You do not have to wait for a web visitor to go into ‘Contact Us’ in order to get a lead.
- Have catch phrases attracting them to make an enquiry.
- Avoid the standard color scheme for CTA buttons. They are meant to STAND OUT.
The key points mentioned above offer valuable insights on what is necessary for corporate website design. Nevertheless, it can be challenging to implement these points if you lack design or marketing expertise. That’s why it’s recommended to engage an experienced web design firm to guide you through the process.